Permits & Applications

Application for Permit to Develop In an Unincorporated area of McClain County (Floodplain Permit) – download PDF and send via email. McClain County Floodplain Application

It is required that you provide the latitude and longitude for your development on your permit application.  The Floodplain Administrator will need the latitude and longitude for your home or primary structure for your development.  There are many apps for smart phones and devices that allow you to get the latitude and longitude for your location.  You can also retrieve the latitude and longitude from Google Maps.  Please use the link for a Google Map of McClain County and use the Finding the latitude and longitude for your location on Google Maps PDF to assist you in finding the latitude and longitude for your location.

Finding the latitude and longitude on Google Maps

Google Map – McClain County

All applications or questions should be sent to the Floodplain Administrator via email at 

For more information on Floodplain – Floodplain Regulations updated 2020

Click here for a list of Engineer’s —->Engineer Information
You may wish to obtain the services of a registered surveyor or hydrologist. The companies on the list supplied here have successfully calculated Base Flood Elevations (BFE’s) on sites within the county for clients. McClain County can’t recommend a company, but can only make this list available for your convenience.

Road Connection Application – download PDF and send via email Road Connection Application
If your development requires the creation or modification of a drive that attaches to a county road, you will need to complete this form.


Road Crossing Applications

All pertinent information on the application will need to be filled out, signed, and notarized.  Also, include a detailed map of the area with markings showing where the work will be done.  A Certificate of Insurance will also need to be attached to each permit.  A check in the amount of  $1,000.00 (for each permit) will need to be made out to the “McClain County Board of Commissioners”.

After selecting and printing the form below from the Document Download Center at the bottom of this page, complete the form, enclose your check and other necessary papers and either mail or drop of at the following addresses:

You can Mail To:

McClain County
P.O. Box 629
Purcell, OK 73080

Or Drop off at:

McClain County Courthouse
County Commissioners Office
3rd Floor – Suite 305
121 North 2nd, Purcell, OK 73080

Once the application is received and verification that the check and all needed information has been enclosed, it will go before the Board of Commissioner’s at their next meeting.  If approved, a copy will be e-mailed to the address you provided on the application.  If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the County Commissioner in the district pertaining to your road crossing.  To find the County Commissioner, road district, and contact information please visit the Board of County Commissioners page.

Document Download Center