It is the responsibility of the McClain County Floodplain Board, through their regulations, to promote the public health, safety and general welfare and to minimize public and private losses due to flood conditions in specific areas by provisions designed to:
- Protect human life and health;
- Minimize expenditure of public money for costly flood control projects;
- Minimize the need for rescue and relief efforts associated with flooding and generally undertaken at the expense of the general public;
- Minimize prolonged business interruptions;
- Minimize damage to public facilities and utilities such as water and gas mains, electric, telephone and sewer lines, streets and bridges located in floodplains;
- Help maintain a stable tax base by providing for the sound use and development of flood-prone areas in such a manner as to minimize future flood blight areas; and
- Insure that potential buyers are notified that property is in a flood area.
All public information request must be submitted to the Floodplain Administrator in writing. You may make your request by sending an email to email@example.com or by letter sent to 102 E. Center Road, Goldsby, OK 73093
Floodplain Board Meeting Dates for 2018
The McClain County Floodplain Board meets quarterly. If you are applying for development within a floodplain, your application will need to be approved by the board before you start development. Please keep this in mind as you plan your project.
Tuesday, March 13th
Tuesday, June 12th
Tuesday, September 11th
Tuesday, December 11th
Click here to see forms and applications for various floodplain development projects.